The Maid’s Version
by Daniel Woodrell
🔗 The Maid’s Version — CLICK HERE 🔗
- ISBN: 9780316205856 (0316205850)
- Awards: Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize for Fiction (2014)
- Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
- Characters: Alma DeGeer Dunahew
- Format: hardcover, 164 pages
- Genres: fiction, mystery, adult, historical, crime, novels
- Places: West Table, Missouri
- Release date: September 3, 2013
- Language: english
- Author: Daniel Woodrell
About The Book
Alma DeGeer Dunahew, the mother of three young boys, works as the maid for a prominent citizen and his family in West Table, Missouri. Her husband is mostly absent, and, in 1929, her scandalous, beloved younger sister is one of the 42 killed in an explosion at the local dance hall. Who is to blame? Mobsters from St. Louis? The embittered local gypsies? The preacher who railed against the loose morals of the waltzing couples? Or could it have been a colossal accident? Alma thinks she knows the answer — and that its roots lie in a dangerous love affair. Her dogged pursuit of justice makes her an outcast and causes a long-standing rift with her own son. By telling her story to her grandson, she finally gains some solace — and peace for her sister. He is advised to “Tell it. Go on and tell it” — tell the story of his family’s struggles, suspicions, secrets, and triumphs.
Paperback book The Maid’s Version Daniel Woodrell on iPhone. Hardback ebook The Maid’s Version read online on IndieBound. EPUB The Maid’s Version by Daniel Woodrell buy cheap Mac on Kobo. TXT The Maid’s Version download.