The European Straw Bale Gathering (ESBG) is a biennial event, which the UK is privileged to be hosting, for the first time, in Todmorden, West Yorkshire.
ESBG this year is part of the Interreg funded UP Straw project. In keeping with the aims of UP Straw, we will be demonstrating the wonderful insulation, fuel cost cutting and carbon reduction properties of building with straw to: planners, architects, public authorities, universities, self-builders and communities.
ESBG 2019 is all about…
- Exploring healthy public buildings made from straw
- Raising awareness of the benefits of constructing public buildings from straw
- Highlighting features & benefits of straw bale buildings
- Understanding public procurement, building regulations, green mortgages and insurance
- Inspirational case studies
- Networking for professionals and students in the secto r “Straw is an excellent material for building and insulating new and existing buildings. Straw is CO2 negative because CO2 is stored in straw during growth, widely available, fully recyclable and has a rapid growth cycle,” said Barbara Jones, Director of the School of Natural Building. “Straw is warm in winter and cool for ever!”